As we move toward the end of the 2022/2023 Board year (August 2022 – July 2023), we are grateful for the contributions of our academics, affiliates, agencies, corporate (in-house teams), individual and students members who have continued to foster growth and generate meaningful connections across the public relations and communications sector in Hong Kong.
PRHK's focus remains unchanged: the association is an enabler for active and emerging professionals to navigate the dynamic communications landscape of Hong Kong. This year we collaborated with many organisations, associations, local conferences and trade media to drive the advocacy and value proposition of our modern public relations industry. We doubled down on our efforts in our learning and networking events program to address the latest communications trends and best practices across the region. We tripled down on nurturing the next wave of local talent by supporting and participating in several university initiatives and mentorship programs, as well as bringing back the Annual Hong Kong PR Young Lions Competition to provide our young creative minds with a chance to shine on the global stage.
Our Annual General Meeting will be held on Tuesday, 11 July, to review the accomplishments of the last PRHK year and vote in the new Board 2023/2024.
We would like to invite all members to get involved and nominate yourself and/or your colleagues for the 2023/2024 Board – the nomination link is here. By joining the Board, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of the public relations and communications profession in Hong Kong.
Feel free to spread the word to colleagues and PR professionals in your network – all agency, corporate and individual members are welcome to attend. For agency, affiliate and corporate members, please ensure at least one representative from your company attends the meeting.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our 2022/2023 Board and sub-committees for their dedication and hard work:
- Chairperson: Carbo Yu, Sinclair
- Deputy Chairperson: Sofia Yip, Edelman
- Digital Chair: James Hacking, EY
- Digital Sub-Committee: Sam Kwong, Creative Consulting Group (CCG)
- Education & Mentorship Programme Co-Chairs: Kevin On, Hoffman & Natalie Siu, Sandpiper
- Education Sub-Committee: Maria Cheong, BCW
- Events Chair: Penn Leung, Creative Consulting Group (CCG)
- Honorary Secretary: Kiri Sinclair, Sinclair
- Membership Co-Chairs: Stephan Engel, APCO & Ben Evetts, Cigna
- Next Gen Co-Chairs: Phyllis Yip, Edelman & Carol Yeung, Golin
- Next Gen Sub-Committees: Fran Tam, Edelman & Elizabeth Lui, Sandpiper
- Partnerships & Sponsorships Chair: Mary Devereux, SEC Newgate
- Treasurer: David Croasdale, Newell
- Young Professional Representatives: Cannan Wong & Serena Kwan, FleishmanHillard
Also, a big thanks goes to all members for their active support of PRHK. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions about any of the above.